TruCoat 623 Fiberglass Door Stain Kit
TruCoat 623 Fiberglass Door Stain Kit is a high-performance AAMA certified coating that has been exclusively developed for wood grain fiberglass door slabs. Our door stain kits include two stain components. A solid pigmented stain for filling the wood grain and a transparent topcoat. The grain filler and topcoat are the exact same product, except for the pigment, which ensures perfect adhesion to each other.
TruCoat 623 Stain combines the optimal performance characteristics home owners, contractors and manufacturers have been seeking:
- Exceptional adhesion and surface hardness
- Long-term color fastness and fade resistance
- Ease of application and cleanup
- Low VOC and environmentally friendly
Each door kit has enough stain to cover both sides of a 3/0 x 8/0 solid fiberglass door. We offer TruCoat 623 stain kits in 5 standard stain colors. Each fiberglass door stain kit can be applied in different strengths to achieve a variety of light and dark finishes. TruCoat can be applied with a foam brush or HVLP spray gun with a 1.9 mm tip or larger. Also included with each door paint kit is:
- Scotch brite pad
- Lint-free rag
- Painters rag
- Latex gloves
- 2 foam brushes
- TruCoat Cleaner
How can I apply TruCoat 623?
Can I paint or stain my existing door that has already been painted or stained?
Yes, you can repaint or restain your existing door but you must remove the existing finish first. Our recommended steps for accomplishing this are:
- Apply a citrus based paint stripper to the door and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Scrape off the stripper and old finish with a plastic drywall knife.
- Wipe off remaining stripper and old finish with a paper towel
- With a cloth rag and acetone wipe all surfaces that will be painted or stained
- Begin the TruCoat paint/stain process.